Note: Personal appearance of both parties is required. Applicants will be interviewed by the consular assistant.
1. Present original and submit photocopy of PSA-issued, DFA-apostillized Birth Certificate of Filipino applicant;
2. Present original and submit photocopy of PSA-issued, DFA-apostillized Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) of Filipino applicant;
3. In case applicable, the following are also required:
a. If either or both parties are between 18 and 21 years of age – a duly notarized and apostillized Affidavit of Parental Consent to the marriage signed by the father, mother, guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned; the statement must be made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before a notary public or other official authorized to administer oaths
b. If between 21 and 25 years of age - a duly notarized and apostillized Statement of Parental Advice to said marriage, signed by the father, mother, guardian, or persons having legal charge of them
NOTE: The absence of parental consent makes the marriages voidable at the option of the minor party; on the other hand, the lack or refusal of parental advice will delay the issuance of a marriage license until after 30 days following the 10 days publication of the application therefor.
c. If either of the parties was previously married, please present Death Certificate of the deceased spouse, or the judicial divorce decree, or the Declaration of Nullity of Marriage, as the case may be (document must be duly notarized and apostillized);
The Belgian/Luxembourgish city/town hall may require the submission of the following papers, which are issued by this Embassy:
4. Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (Download template HERE);
5. Certificate of Nationality; and
6. Excerpts of Philippine laws on marriages (Articles 1 to 54 of the Family Code).
Processing fee: €22.50 for each document (to be paid in cash).
The above documents are issued by this Embassy upon submission of the following:
8. Present original and submit (data page) photocopy of Philippine passport of Filipino applicant; and
9. Present original and submit photocopy of identity/residence card of Belgian/Luxembourgish fiancé(e).
Note: Additional requirements may be requested by the Consular Assistant depending on the circumstances of the Filipino applicant. It is very important that the applicant verify first with the Belgian/Luxembourgish local authorities where they intend to marry if there are any changes or additional requirements to the list provided above.
The Filipino applicant is reminded to report his/her marriage to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) through the Philippine Embassy. The Report of Marriage should be registered within 30 days from the date of marriage. For more information on the procedure and requirements, click HERE.
For Coutume / Family code, Please provide the following:
* Photocopy of your Philippine Passport
* Present original and submit photocopy of PSA-issued, DFA-apostillized Birth Certificate of Filipino applicant;
* Present original and submit photocopy of PSA-issued, DFA-apostillized Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) of Filipino applicant; (Please note that the CENOMAR is valid for only six (6) months from the date of issuance by the PSA).
* Euros 22.50 (cash only)