NEW ONLINE VISA APPLICATION SYSTEM (OVAS)
The Philippine Embassy in Brussels hereby informs the public that starting 10 January 2022, all foreign nationals who wish to apply for 9(A) Temporary Visitor’s visa must file their visa applications via the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Online Visa Application System (OVAS) through the following link https://www.visa.gov.ph.
Here are the step-by-step procedures to apply for 9(A) visa through OVAS:
2. Once your online application is successfully registered in the portal, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email;
4. The visa officer will then provide you through email with an appointment schedule for your visa application and detailed instructions on the additional requirements and procedures.
Reminder: The online portal is used for the initial submission of the (9a) visa applications only.
Given the current pandemic-related Philippine regulations on entry, only the following foreign nationals may apply for a 9(A) Temporary Visitors Visa:
1. Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals (provided that the marriage is recognized under Philippine law);
2. Foreign parents of minor Filipinos and of Filipino children with special needs;
3. Filipino minor children and foreign children of Filipinos with special needs; and
4. Other foreign nationals as authorized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (with an Entry Exemption Document or EED)
*Please note that for items 1-3, we strictly require proof of filiation.
For the time being, the online portal only accommodates application for 9(A) Temporary Visitors Visa. Applications for 9(E), 9(C) and other type of visas that the Embassy is authorized to issue will still follow the manual procedure.